How to Stay Safe When Using Extension Cords – Dt W News

Since electricity is often used throughout our lives it is easy to forget the dangers of electricity.

She states that improper use or disregarding safety guidelines with extension cords and consequently, electricity could cause fires, damages or even death due to electrocution. If the current goes through the chest, 120 volts coming from an inoperable lamp could cause death.

She provides examples on ways to check extensions cords for damage, or cracks that could permit the current to pass past the protective covering. The author also discusses prohibited use, for example, not attaching extension cords to each another or properly storing them instead of leaving them dangling in the open, which can be a trip danger. Furthermore, leaving them outdoors damages the cords from weather conditions or rodents.

The following tips will help viewers avoid injury or fires when using extension cords.


Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *